March 15, 2015

Death by the Road Side

 
Was in the south this weekend. And while driving down from Tyre to Naqoura in the early morning, I noticed a black dog by the side of the road, with a little puppy next to it. I though it odd that a dog would sleep so close by the side of the road, especially with puppies.  I drove on, but it lingered on my mind. What dog would really sleep by the side of the road? What if it were dead?
 
When driving back to Tyre, some 5 hours later, we looked out for the ‘sleeping dog’. And it was still there. With the puppy, hiding between its paws. The sleeping dog was indeed a dead dog, apparently hit by a car and left to die.
It's the last thing I need, yet another dog. I already have three. And the old aunt in the house will file for divorce if she could, at the sight of another dog. But how can you leave a puppy behind, with a 12 year old in the car, and so we came back home with yet another dog.
 
 
This one is up for adoption though. Anyone interested in a little dark brown puppy, with Labrador features, some 6 weeks old, please inbox me. This one needs a little child to love!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

such a heartbreaking photo

Fadi said...

oh my :( really heartbreaking, hope it finds a loving home

Anonymous said...

That was so awesome of you ! You are my new hero. Thank you so much for looking after god's creatures. We should start calling you St Francis.
:)

Anonymous said...

Your karma will be amazing!

Anonymous said...

Awwww how wonderfully kind of you to pick this little girl up. I'm so glad she is safe and found a home. This picture is heartbreaking!