December 31, 2012

Last Day of the Year

Last post of the year 2012. Yes, I know. I haven’t been very active lately. On this blog that is. It is my activities outside that sort of interfere with blogging. I am not quite sure what I am doing, but whatever it is, it keeps me incredibly busy. I just don’t have the time to write something halfway intelligent. Not that I ever write anything halfway intelligent, and definitely with age this becomes quite a feat to start with anyway, but just to sit down and get the inspiration to write about something, anything at all, is an issue. I spent my Christmas surrounded by friends and family, in a country where the sun never seems to shine (Holland that is), but I like the cold weather at that time of the year. We went to visit a zoo, but the weather was so appallingly bad (It was dark and it rained all the time) that even the animals went into hiding. We walked past the wolves, through the bear forest, went by the lions, but didn’t see one wolf, bear or lion. The apes were asleep, the elephants were getting ready for bedtime, and in the end we ended up hiding for the rain in the aquarium (it’s covered). That sort of sums up the weather in Holland.
And so I will leave you in this year, wishing you a peaceful and prosperous 2013 (something I think we are all in need of in Lebanon) and I will see you in the new year, hopefully a bit more active than now.
Oh, and did someone ask for snow?

5 comments:

visnja said...

Happy New Year Sietske, to you and yours! Wishing you ALL the best!
Visnja

Emie said...

Dat ziet er evengoed wel erg gezellig en Hollands uit, Sietske. Laten we voor vrede en gezondheid gaan het komende jaar. Ik wens het jou en de jouwen van harte toe.

Anonymous said...

Wij wensen jullie 365 voorspoedige, veilige en gezonde dagen toe vanuit Eindhoven.
M&D

Sietske said...

@ Visnja: You are one faithful reader!!! You have been around for a looong time now, I really appreciate that! I wish you a wonderful 2013!!!
M & D K komen jullie nog wel eens in deze richting? Wel langs komen dan, hoor? Een heel goed 2013 toegewenst!!

visnja said...

I always enjoy and appreciate your posts! Thank you! <3