June 01, 2008

Life Ist Nicht Sie Mal

Gazing at a setting sun in the Mediterranean Sea after a day on the beach, sipping a cold Kefraya (Chateau Kefraya, Blanc de Blanc) from a locally blown glass (from the Khalife brothers in Sarafand, continuing an ancient Phoenician skill) on the balcony, while the kids with red cheeks from sunburns are in the bath tub. Neighbor's hanging over their balconies and surveying the quiet street. Tomorrow back to work. And although I share Tantalus’ sentiments, today I’d say; Life ist nicht sie mal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a nice view you have, I guess that it is taken from the top of a building in Caracas (between Rawcheh and Ras Beirut),
I missed the sunset in Beirut, that was the best time of the day for me as I used to sit on our balcony in Ain El-Tineh to watch it. About you neighbours, typical Ras Beirutis ;-)