November 11, 2007

November

It’s that time of the month; presidential elections. And they got postponed again. Didn’t I tell ya? I don’t think anyone believes there actually will be elections anymore. My guess is that the 40-something anti-Syrian parliament members that are holed up inside the Phoenicia Hotel for safety reasons, won’t believe it either, so next time they announce the presidential elections, no one will show up because they all assumed it would be cancelled anyway. It fits with the mood of the month; November. It isn’t fall, and it is not winter. I wanted to go out for a walk with the dog, and work got me to Sbaniyeh (home of a former president; Sarkis), so I took a walk there.
The dog (almost 14 now) lost his hearing some time ago. I used to be able to have him follow by whisteling, but that does not do the trick anymore. He relied on eyesight than, but I've noticed he's slowly going blind. He's developed cataracts in his eyes, and only sees during broad day light. So he constantly loses you, bumps into fences and bushes, or walks the other way.

We got caught in the mist, and lost the way. But the weather was nice; November nice. Reminded me of home.

No comments: