February 14, 2015

The horse

Spent most of the day in traffic today. Because of a commemoration of the 10th anniversary of Rafic Harriri’s assassination, downtown was pretty much off limits, and so the entire city tried to weasel its way around it. As a result, everyone was stuck part of the day.
I tried all kinds of intricate short-cuts, none of which were very successful as I am obviously not the only creative mind in town, but I got stuck in some interesting neighborhoods. In one of those neighborhoods, I encountered this scene. Love this town, I tell ya.
 

 
It reminded me of a famous Dutch carnival song (Carnival has started in Holland, which is connected to the old tradition of christian fasting), called “There’s a horse in the hallway.” Here is an artistic version of it.

No comments: