January 17, 2013

It's All in the Head

Three druze sheiks in a car

Why did I make this picture? (Yes I know, some people take pictures, but I make them). I liked the color-coordination that these druze sheiks created.

It took me a while – when I just arrived to Lebanon – to be visually able to distinguish between all the religious entities, but I’ve got them down pretty good now. I can recognize a druze sheikh (see picture), a sunni sheikh, a shia sheikh related to the prophet and a shia sheikh not related to the prophet. I am not too sure about the alawites and the ismaelis, but we do not have a whole lot of those here.

As you can see, the difference is all in the head.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i see 4 of them :P

Sietske said...

Yes, you are right!! There's one at the wheel as well. Hadn't seen that one.