December 04, 2010

Season's Greetings

After last year’s batch of Christmas cards disappeared into oblivion, I decided to take preventive measure; I went straight to the main post office in Hamra, and mailed my Christmas wishes from there.

Last year’s cards only brought Season’s Greetings to the guy that peeled off the stamps and resold them. Or it may be that they were intrigued by the white powder that seeped from the envelope seams. Alas, that would have resulted in a nasty sinus infection; it was artificial snow.
And I have proof that I mailed them; here they are. Now if you do not receive a Christmas card from me, there are several scenarios. A) I meet you frequently, so no need to send you a Christmas card, B) I do not see you frequently, but I don’t like you enough to devote a card to you or C) the Lebanese postal system is conspiring against me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ben benieuwd of ik bij 2 of 3 hoor - of dat ik toch een kerstkaart van je ga ontvangen Galama! Ben net weer terug in Holland overigens! Heb je wel mijn correcte adres?

Danielle said...

note to self: never sending anything through Liban post. Here is to hoping that your Holiday cards arrive this year!

Thomas said...

Please be advised that the card for Mississauga survived the Postal system and made its way to here. Fake snow and all.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Tom, so cool!!! Merry Christmas to you all over there. So one has arrived, 19 more to go.
Sietske