August 27, 2008

FYI

People are telling me – quite convinced, but not convincingly (yet) – that the Israelis will bomb us in September. I haven’t heard yet when in September, but I am sure that I will be informed shortly on the exact date as well.
I think it is rather nice, to know in advance when you will be bombed. Really takes a load of your shoulders, now doesn’t it?

We also have condemned Moammar Khaddafi to death, or so it seems.
“Judge Samih al-Hajj requested “the death penalty for Libyan President Colonel Moammar Abu Mohammed bin Manyara al-Kaddafi, who was arrested on April 24, 2008 in absentia and remains a fugitive after the kidnap of Imam Moussa al-Sadr, Sheikh Mohammed Yacoub and the journalist Abbas Badr al-Din.” (Source)
I presume this judge is paid with my tax money. It is very reassuring to know that my tax pounds are really well spent. Really well.

2 comments:

Leila Abu-Saba said...

That is unfortunate gossip, since I have bought a plane ticket and will be arriving in Beirut Sept. 28. I plan to stay two weeks.

I continue to say - if they start bombing before I leave, then I don't go. And if they bomb while I'm there, I sit tight until it's safe to go home. I really don't feel like staying away AGAIN out of fear of what they might do.

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with you! We're not leaving this time! I don't think it's real tough. We've got the weirdest 'bits of information' going around in this place. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.
Sietske