July 04, 2007

To The Motherland; Will Be Back in August

I went to my dentist for the annual check-up.
Hmmmm,” he said, as he looked over my file. “I see I gave you a check-up last year just about this time, just before the war started. Didn’t you travel right after the check-up?”
Eh, A weh aou a e ay.” (His hand is in my mouth)
So when are you traveling this year? Just so I know what to expect.”

It’s been a hectic year since last summer. July 12 is almost upon us. I’ve written my last article yesterday, and now it is time for the annual pilgrimage to the motherland; Holland. Last year I wished you all a great summer. We all know what happened then, so I will refrain from wishing anything this year. In Lebanon you never get what you wish for, and everything you don’t want. I do hope I won’t miss too many news stories, both for your and my sake. And I’ll see you again in August.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ga je net weg?!? Jammer... hoop je te zien als je weer terug bent, dan... Hebben we weer even van plek geruild. Veel plezier in Nederland!

Anonymous said...

: ) !

Anonymous said...

It's going to be empty without your blogging... :(

adiamondinsunlight said...

safe travels and a happy summer to you and your family!

I look so forward to your posts on life here - I hope you will still post from Holland, as your warm and wry take on Lebanon will be sorely missed otherwise!

Anonymous said...

have a safe trip and a joyous return. it will be lonely without your frequent posts but we'll have to make do

Riemer Brouwer said...

"Will be back in August"

shu waynik?