April 16, 2007

Shopping for shoes

I had to buy shoes for my son; he’s going through a pair every two months now. Since quite a few of the sport stores (excuse me; sneakers only) I know have gone belly up since the summer, I could only think of this gigantic ABC mall in Ashrafiya. I didn’t have much time, had to do it after work and before a meeting.
To get there from West- Beirut: 37 minutes - To find the store: 13 minutes - To buy the shoes: 3 minutes - To find our car back: A frigging 57 minutes!

That will teach me next time not to look at the colors and numbers on the floor. Turned out we were parked at ‘Purple B1’. 57 minutes, yes, thank you very much. This is not good for my stress level. I need a GPS for this next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GPS won't work inside a parking garage :(

Anonymous said...

Ik ben mijn auto in Lille eens kwijtgeraakt. DRIE UUR GVD heeft mij dat gekost. De bewakers vonden hem tenslotte mijn Volvo met NL-kenteken terug, anders had ik hem nooit gevonden. Sindsdien maak ik met mijn telefoontje een foto van de nummertjes op de muur...