August 27, 2011

Back in Beirut & Business


This one is for the category of WTF. Taken on the Corniche.

Dear Arabic boy (23),
Uhhhhhh, no. I don’t think so. Although I am ‘foreign people’ I don’t think I will call you. A picture might have helped your case.

I’m back in Beirut, and back in business, and busier than ever. It's good to be back. I  do apologize for my rather ‘vague’ definition of green and red. Will not happen again, but I had to keep you busy while I was unwinding in serene surroundings.

My summer was wonderful, as summers should be, filled with friends, family and adventures. I lost a camera in the Ardeche River, hiked through mud and rain with donkeys, got lost in a bramberry jungle, drove 5000 kilometers, went sailing and swimming, had goats keep me awake all night, slept nine to a room, caught frogs and fish, partied, slept and relaxed, trudged through silver mines, monasteries and mountains, and lots of other things but I’d have to go through my pictures to remember it all.

And now I am back for some more adventures on Lebanese soil, and on my first day back at work I walked right passed this lamp post on the Corniche where this Arabic boy is looking for a foster family. I didn’t change the phone number; I figured I’d help his cause a little.


6 comments:

DragonToes said...

funny, the arabic sign doesn't mention foreign people.

johnny said...

He meant strangers not foreigners. His English is not that good. What's funny is that you need to see how he looks before you call him...

nynke said...

haha I saw it too!! I think he's looking for ' clients'

xl pharmacy said...

I just found your site and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your posts.
so thanks for sharing it was so interesting to read.

West Loop weight loss said...

Brilliant concept. Its really useful things here. Thanks for sharing good guidance.

dissertation proposal said...

Thanks for sharing brilliant stuff on Back in Beirut & Business as I was searching for this exact material!!!