December 29, 2010

Delayed

When I traveled to Holland, I was caught in that infamous snow storm  in northern Europe that got everyone camping at airports for days. I was lucky; after a 12 hour delay in the Czech Republic, I managed to get on the only plane that eventually left for Amsterdam that day, leaving all the other poor suckers stranded for days.
But you know what they say about ‘he who laughs last’.

The way back was not as uneventful. What was supposed to take 5 hours, ended up to be a 22 hour journey spread over 3 different capitals. And the journey wasn't as linear either. I met some Lebanese in Amsterdam who were going the same way, and who had already been stranded for days in New York and London before getting to Amsterdam. It was an absolute delight to see them deal with the service desks at various airports. They had to laugh about it themselves. But it makes me wonder; how did you guys manage with the misery of 15 years of civil war?
Amsterdam Airport            Prague Airport      Paris Airport

No comments: