June 10, 2010

Cliche

I know it's  cliche, but I just never can get enough of it. I make my entire family watch the sunset every evening, Every evening.
I tell them (also every evening) that in ten years time from now, we might not have this view anymore, and then they’ll regret that they didn’t look at it when they could, right from my dinner table, and that is why they should turn around and look at it consciously. And that there are people that work all year to get 3 three weeks off with pay to go to a holiday destination where they can just look at the sun set in the sea, and then they tell each other how lucky those people are that live in that place, and if these people realize how lucky they are to see that every day. That is how I pester my family around dinner time every evening.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats quite a view - and right you are - wish I had similar view here in Sydney!!

Angie Nader said...

its beautiful

Unknown said...

My view in Aqaba of course is much better - but same problem here; with all the construction going on you'll never know when the view suddenly disappears!

Dani said...

I think it is wonderful that you "pester" your family in such a way..we don't know how lucky we are..and such a shame that views like this will be blocked with buildings..maybe you will just have to move!