May 03, 2008

Queen's Day in Beirut

It was Queen’s Day for the Dutch in Lebanon. Queen’s Day (April 30th) is when the Dutch Queen, Beatrix, celebrates her birthday. It isn’t really her birthday, but a ‘kniesoor die daar op let’, as we say in Holland.And as this is a blog from a Dutchie in Beirut, you must bear with me. Liesbeth showed up too late for the picture, of course.
I would like you to focus especially on the ‘glamorous Anne’ who always double checks the pictures I make of her to make sure she’s presentable enough for the public. Well, I can tell ya, nothing glamorous about a mom. (She’s going to shoot me for this one).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What do you mean 'of course'? I was on time for 'cocktail hour' wasn't I? Please, please, do another pic for the Lebanon-Dutch Moms. I'll be there, on time!
Liesbeth