May 26, 2008

Cherry Picking

While the country was picking a president, we were picking cherries somewhere in the mountains. It’s cherry season in Lebanon.

We only picked the best cherries; that was a long process. Hence the expression cherry picking)

Cousin O in the cherry tree

The harvest

And while I am writing this, I hear shooting in the back ground.
My son asks me “Happy or angry?”
He means the shooting. From the way it sounds, it doesn’t seem to be a fire fight, nor an upset soldier shooting after a car jumps the ‘hajesh’ (military check poin.t). Probably happy.
My my, I’ve become quit the expert.

2 comments:

kellie said...

Some years ago my father took me on a drive across Denmark. Along the way he decided to stop off and surprise a couple he knew. Alas, they weren't at home, but their cherry tree was...

Anonymous said...

nice post .. btw its pronounced hajez :)