May 11, 2008

All Is Not Quiet in the West

For those on the outside, who would like to hear what it was like from my house; this clip was taken Thursday night (sorry, it was dark), and this was filmed Friday morning (click on picture). For the right effect, put your speakers on volume 10.

All is not quiet on the Western front. I thought I heard some heavy duds earlier this afternoon. Sounded like heavy bombing, but then I figured my imagination was running wild after the past few days. Now I hear there is bombing in the Chouf mountains. Must be some heavy stuff. We'll see what this brings. Nothing good, I presume.

On a lighter note (for those in Beirut):
In case you were wondering where all that food went (the milk and such), while you were at the supermarket last Thursday; it is here, in my house.
Sorry about that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The yellow canister says "Slim". Will it do any good you think? Y.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's the oil for frying the french fries. Gives you really slim fries, they say.
S

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's the oil for frying the french fries. Gives you really slim fries, they say.
S

Anonymous said...

sietske, i know it's none of my business but taking video from a window while hooligans are shooting everywhere is a very foolhardy thing to do. Many people have died by just popping their heads out "to take a look"
keep safe

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean the fries. You say fries? Oh ok, now I understand.