May 22, 2007

New Ring Tones; Incominggggggg!

The guy of the mobile phone shop around the corner of my house beckons me into his place.
Come, check this out,” he whispers, as he gestures that I should lower my head closer to his.
“Listen to this, and watch what happens,” and he holds his mobile phone close to my ear.

pheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewww’ whistles the phone sharply. A lady passing by looks anxiously behind her.

That’s a new ring tone, just got it in. It is the sound of an RPG. You know. Boom boom? Sounds just like the real one, doesn’t’ it? This one is outgoing. I’ve got the incoming rocket too. Sounds a bit better. Here,” and he pushes the button again.

It sounds real enough. It gives me a prickly feeling along my spine, and two men passing by actually look into the sky before they spot my mobile man with his phone.

The mobile phone guys shows a grin from ear to ear.
What you think? The incoming is better, no? You want it?”
Just what I need for my frayed nerves; the sound of an incoming rocket propelled grenade every time someone calls me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hé Siets, send me those ringtones! We could swap: I have the "World War Alarm" from Holland, you know the one that sounds every 1st Monday of the month at noon. Or, as an alternative, I could send you "Bokito laughing", would that be ok?

Anonymous said...

What's Bokito laughing?

Anonymous said...

Bokito is a gorilla that escaped last week from the zoo in Rotterdam. Almost killed a woman.

http://www.ad.nl/rotterdam/article1384850.ece

http://www.refdag.nl/artikel/1302942/Blijdorp+in+de+greep+van+Bokito.html

Just Google "bokito blijdorp" and have fun...

Anonymous said...

Oh ja, heb ik over gelezen. Ja, voor een lachende Bokita wil ik het wel ruilen

Unknown said...

Ha Siets, ben weer thuis. Bel maar, als je wilt. Mijn ringtone is oud maar ik ben nog altijd jong van hart...
Maar... hoelang nog....